Sunday, October 25, 2009

So what did I achieve...

Everything except the client stuff, oops! I was harsh and kept saying to myself, look, it's the weekend, it's the weekend, they can wait another day. Let's hope they agree with that...

Edited literally thousands of words today - it was fast, partly because I put one thorny issue aside and just churned through the rest. That means there is still a potential rewrite pending on one section of the latter stages of the book, however I thought it was time to stop procrastinating and move forward, even if it wasn't perfect. So I've now sent the whole thing off to my retired agent for a beta read. I'll wait and see what she says about that part, not to mention the rest, and, assuming (a) that she gets around to reading it and (b) the manuscript doesn't return streaked with her disgust, then maybe, just maybe, I might get it out to her pet agent and a few others before the Christmas slack off.

Now tonight's dilemma is do I jump right into editing my story for Wyrrd's contest, or slack off at Facebook, or go straight to collapse mode on the sofa?

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

I suspect the sofa won that battle.

And I think that you are right. There is a point when you just need to actually get *something* out there so that people can work with you. I am crossing all fingers and toes for a quick and positive result.

jjdebenedictis said...

Ooh, this all sounds so exciting! Best of luck with WiW; it's a great story and I'm sure it's going to go places for you.

writtenwyrdd said...

If a certain Koala didn't edit the story for my contest, a certain Koala might get the gentle claws of remonstration sent her way... ;)

Sarah Laurenson said...

Hm. I would try to take hard copy of the short story to the couch and see if I can edit in my sleep.

You're one up on me in that contest respect. I still haven't decided if I can write a horror story, but I will take a crack at it today and see what happens. Thinking horror poem, but not sure what will come out of that. Have to re-read the contest rules.

I know what you mean about getting something out there and needing to do rewrites to smooth out this or that. Garlic is going through so many rewrite passes it's making me dizzy.

Robin B. said...

I hope the sofa won the battle!

Sounds like you had an incredibly crzy-busy weekend, and you...wait for it...smacked that sucker down!
Woo hoo!

And yeah, the clients can wait til freaking Monday.

Sarah Laurenson said...

It's sofa time for me.

Have taken some of the poetry and am putting it with prose in chapter form. 1996 words - some old, some new and some revised.

Also dusted off a short for WW's contest. Playing with that bumped it to just under 1k words (from about 960).

Chris Eldin said...

A well-rested koala is a happy koala.
:-)
Can't wait to hear good news re WiW!!!!!!

McKoala said...

Yup, the sofa won! Back in harness today, though. Will update sidebar at some point. Right now am too busy actually doing the writing!

Pah, Written, your baby claws don't intimidate me! But, OK then. Just because I want to.

Good work, Sarah! Nose to nose over at Wyrrd's contest! (My nose is cold and wet, how about yours?)

Sarah Laurenson said...

My nose? Um, you might want to back away before it goes off again. Just scared the crap out of the cat.