Sunday, November 11, 2007

We have puppy!

It was a struggle getting her up the eucalypt, but we managed in the end.

She's a nine-week old cavoodle (they used to be called mongrels, but now they're getting all fancy); a Cavalier King Charles spaniel/poodle cross. In the shop she was 100% Cavalier, loving and smoochy and very mellow, but then we took her home and she turned poodle on us, dashing around the garden in a frenzy, playing with the kids. I like that she has both natures in her, it will keep us on our toes. As will the pee and the poo all over the laundry floor. I've got pads out, but Madam prefers to choose her own spot - a different one every time, although she does pee on one side of the laundry and poo on the other, so I suppose it's a system.

Her name is Polly, chosen by Cricket Boy.

9 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

AWWWWW!
I am jealous.
:-)

Stuart Neville said...

I've been close to puppy purchase several times over the last couple of years and I just can't do it. I know I don't have the time for it. I'm very jealous. Have fun with her. :)

McKoala said...

I can't believe I'm a dog person! It's as much of a shock to me as it is to you.

She's in the laundry right now, because I need to work, and I'm consumed with guilt. Poor puppy. I know I won't do much work today, but the bare minimum's going to have to happen or my clients will whimper louder than the puppy.

Robin S. said...

Congrats mckoala - Polly is a cute name!

McKoala said...

Thanks Robin, I have no idea where Adam got it from! Husbad says it reminds him of a parrot...

Stacia said...

Aaaw! I can't wait until the girls are older so we can get another dog. I miss having pets.

McKoala said...

This is my first ever dog, and I'm enchanted - so far!

Robin S. said...

How's she doing on paper training, or laundry room training?

McKoala said...

Hm. Good on wees. Mostly she goes outside for those, and usually in the designated end of the garden. Poos are more random, unfortunately. As in randomly spread throughout the laundry and the house!