Sunday, March 16, 2008

All about December: her novel and her news

Where do I start with the wonder that is December?

How about the fact that she has two names, and it's under her other beautiful name, Stacia Kane, that her first novel is about to be published by Juno Books? In 'Personal Demons', Megan Chase's life is turned upside down by her encounters with savage, saucy and sexy demons - some are savage, some are saucy, some are sexy, but only one is all three... Despite the power of demons, it turns out that Megan is the one who has the real power, and to find out why, you'll have to read the book. I was lucky enough to be a beta read for Personal Demons and it is a fantastic read. The characters are strong, the plot is unbelievable and the writing lifts you right along with the adventure. At times I found I was forgetting to comment, because I was enjoying the ride so much, and if you've ever critiqued a book you'll know how big a compliment that is. You can start reading now with Chapter One on December's website and you will find more excerpts on her blog.

You'll notice that I'm not steering you to a specific part of her blog. Grr, annoying, you're thinking, that lazy furry thing. Not really - I've done this, because you need to read the post at the top of her blog too. You really need to read that one. December aka Stacia has just landed a great agent! This is awesome news. I first met December on Miss Snark's blog a couple of years ago and have been in touch with her in blogland and occasionally by email ever since. She is a hardworking writer, blogger and mother. And she's good at all three. I'm hoping that her family appreciates the last one, because I'm not really able to do that myself, but I certainly appreciate the effort and skill she puts into the first two.

It's interesting to see that December found her agent the same way I did - the slush pile. It's slow, it's annoying, but apparently it does work.

Maybe we can talk about that some more...when December makes a guest appearance on this blog later this week! I'm looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Precie said...

I just saw her news on Absolute Write but I couldn't find her blog to convey my congrats. THANKS!!!

Robin S. said...

Congrats, December!

Chris Eldin said...

This is an inspirational writing story! Thanks for sharing. I'll go back later and check out the first chapter.
:-)

Stacia said...

Aaaw, thanks Min! I missed this when it was up originally, doh!