Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I know, I know

I've failed you in so many ways. I've returned to my sporadic updating habits and the Koala Stats are screaming out for another update (but that doesn't mean I will not be checking up on you my little possums, because I will be, and Precie and Sarah are in my good books for reporting in right here, my little angel possums, as for the rest of you, if you haven't been firing out plenty of wordage, you will not hear the Koala's wrath approaching until my claws are sinking into your flesh...do I make myself clear?).

So, what have I been doing? Well it's Baby Koala Vacation time, so I'm trying to be a good parent, while dealing with the whole house viewing thing that's going on. Amusing baby Koalas and keeping a house clean and tidy are completely contradictory situations. Plus, Princess turns six tomorrow! My baby's getting bigger!

In the midst of all this, I'm trying to edit The Woman in the Wall, while the next novel idea is scrambling around in my head, and another short story is squeezing its way out through my blood vessels. Phew.

And on the weekend, we saw someone very special... Photo coming up soon!

6 comments:

Precie said...

Aw, happy birthday to the Princess!!! And best of luck with the house...did I ever tell you about how we sold our house while I was home for maternity leave? Being a brand new (and clueless) mommy and having to have the house in "show" condition at all times sucked. It sucked hard. So I sympathize.

Meanwhile, I'm sure no one will begrudge you some time off (aka a reprieve from the wrath of McK). :) And hey, are you doing the Clarity of Night contest? Deadline is today!

Sarah Laurenson said...

Aw. Angel possum? *sniff*

Happy Birthday to the Princess, for sure!

So glad you got that photo op. Hope it was an amazing time.

Still crossing everything for the sale of the eucalypt!

(Remember to breathe)

Robin B. said...

Happy Birthday, Princess! That is one special girl, McK. I lopve that kid's style.

Can't wait to see the picture!!

jjdebenedictis said...

Never fear, Koala! I wrote nearly 900 words today--on my day off.

*swaggers*

Happy birthday to Priceless, oops, I mean Princess. :) And good luck with selling the eucalypt.

Robin B. said...

Hey, McK.

Saw a darling pic at paca's. Are we gonna get to see more?

McKoala said...

Hm, I may need to award myself an it's-not-summer-downunder-but-it's-school holidays-and-open-house-frenzy-time-holiday. That's snappy, isn't it?

A post about The Koala's Day with Paca is imminent, though.

JJdeGob...pride comes before a...whoops, there she goes...