Friday, June 12, 2009

I love Aerin!

For she has just lain down and invited her own evisceration...

"I have a weird favor to ask of you. My birthday present from my fam is writing time - I have the whole afternoon. I'm setting the goal of 5,000 words.

If I don't reach it, will you dole out some McK punishment, as you did to Whirl? I know I'm bringing it on myself, but I have to get someone to keep me accountable and I'm more afraid of you than any of my other writer friends and I mean that in a very loving, admiring sort of way."

Oh, she knows what The Koala likes in her friends. *sets the wordometer* *chk* Go, Aerin!


*The Koala retires for a relaxing little claw sharpen and polish*

14 comments:

jjdebenedictis said...

I can help if she doesn't make it, right?

*clacks toe-nail pincers*

Aniket Thakkar said...

Its Aerin's Birthday today?

OMG she's going to kill me. Of I go to drop her a mail.

Whirlochre said...

Are you an evil mesmeric psychic as well as a seasoned render of flesh?

pacatrue said...

Aerin the masochist.

fairyhedgehog said...

Aerin is much braver than I realised. Those claws are terrifying.

Precie said...

Don't you hurt my Rosey Posey Aerin!!!!!!

Even if she is bringing this upon herself. 5k in one afternoon? Aerin--I'll say a little prayer for you. You can do it!

Precie said...

Um...while I'm here, could you pretty please add me to your list of victims, I mean participants.

My weekly goal? 2k.

Robin B. said...

Aerin- hope all went well!

Robin B. said...

P.S. I need a week off - word-count. BECAUSE - an elderly and hard-to-please and constant-fuss relative is coming to stay for a week, and I'll have my hands full just remaining sane.

Robin B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, peeps - I was giving myself yesterday afternoon and this morning, since I had the obligatory tequila party last night. I have three hours and 1800 words to go.

It's okay that I've just written "watermelon" 3200 times, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

#challenge fail. I tried and I could give tons of excuses, but you are all welcome to punish me as you see fit. (Except for Whirl. I'm afraid I'd enjoy his punishments too much.)

An awesome learning experience, and definitely something I want to try more often - the sort of NaNo weekend, rather than month.

jjdebenedictis said...

...sort of NaNo weekend, rather than month.

You could try the three-day novel contest.

Mind you, that's an order of magnitude more masochism than NaNoWriMo.