Monday, June 22, 2009

The Koala Still Lives! And Punishes!

Glad to set your minds at rest on that one.

The Koala has been super busy, polishing and trimming the eucalypt, even painting where the Little Koalas' toys and heads have cracked the paintwork. It's looking pretty fab, especially where I've been rearranging furniture and ornaments etc; I'm a one-woman home renovator and decorator all wrapped into a single furry package. It goes on the Eucalypt Market next week. Nope, haven't chosen another one yet. So, just a bit frantic. Hence my lack of Koaling right here.

Nonetheless, punishment time... Aerin, first of all - thought you could write 5000 words in a day, eh? Let's see if you can do 5000 words in a week. Post the smackdown badge and this little missive on your blog so we can all yell at you, sorry, encourage you on. Completion of your punishment will get you straight back up on approval status.

Dear All

I have failed the Mighty Koala. I said I would write 5000 words in a day. I didn't. Now she has generously offered me the opportunity to redeem myself by meeting that total in a week. She is all kindness and loving. I will post my start date here so that you can all follow my progress. And she says there had better be progress, or else...

Aerin

And as for Blogless...he who rubbed his sunny holiday in all of our faces...I was going to double the standard 2000-word punishment, but realised he, um, might not reach that target. So Blogless, when you finally return from Paradise, it's the standard 2000 words and a funny internet link for you, plus, oh witty one, you are also to write your own punishment message to post on the side of your blog. And it better be good. And very complimentary towards The Koala. You have been warned.

I will be back; promise!

*oh and I forgot to mention that JJdeGoblin will be around shortly to pull out your toenails*

8 comments:

Robin B. said...

Go, Decorator Woman!

Seriously, I know the stress of that house prep, so I'm sending you good and warm feelings telepathically. Hope they help!

Whirlochre said...

Personally, I pity the press-ganged wallaby task force...

Precie said...

Wow, McK! Good luck with the eucaplti!!

Um...okay, so last week I signed on for 2k. I, um, managed 1.2k so I'm an eensy bit short. In the future, I do believe I'll just stick with your sidebar challenge of writing 100 words per day. Sigh.

Chris Eldin said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I love laughing at other people! Aerin, shame on you. SHAME!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Um...Chris, I'm enjoying you laughing at me a little more than I should....I think I need a therapy appointment this week.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Wow! Lots of work all the way around. And by the time you're done, you may not want to leave McK Manor. But best of luck with timing and finding and selling and buying!

Aerin - I'll be over later to add my, um, encouragement.

I didn't sign on for the 2K challenge. I think I missed the start of that one. But I am now rewriting my MS in 1st person as well as trying to keep up with the other one that needs to be written in the first place.

All that being said, our 1 yr anniversary is this coming weekend and I will be incommunicado and probably sans laptop. So I am begging off for a week. Pretty please?

fairyhedgehog said...

Good luck with all the polishing and trimming McK.

I am so glad I am watching all these challenges from the sidelines.

jjdebenedictis said...

*clack, clack*

I've oiled the pincers in readiness and have roughened their business-ends for greater toe-nail traction.

*clack, clack*

Aren't they pretty?