Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thoughts from the mind of a Princess

Sadly the keyboard blood has more to do with work than fiction, and my brain is bare of blog inspiration, so I'm taking refuge in some of Princess's wonderful remarks, like:

"Mummy, was Sarah's mummy born fat?''

Princess's friend: "Do you know what a vagina is?"
Princess: "Yes. It's a willy."
Princess's friend: (pause) "I knew that."

"I don't think there should be jewellery shops. I think they should all be closed. Grown-ups have enough jewellery."

And here's a classic from Soccer Boy, only this morning:

"When our goldfish die, why don't we put them on the barbecue and eat them?"

8 comments:

JaneyV said...

Well willy is a much nicer word than vagina....

So does this substantiate or disprove the notion of penis envy? I adore Princess's friend's response.

Bevie said...

That is a classic.

So, why don't you put them on the barbeque and eat them?

Sarah Laurenson said...

Very funny. I love the kid's eye view of the world. Probably why I write children's fiction.

Whirlochre said...

I can actually pronounce willy.

Robin B. said...

Love both kids! And that Princess, she's a corker. My kinda girl.

Has she wooped on any scooter fools lately?

writtenwyrdd said...

An "innie" willie, perhaps? LOL.

I think Soccer Boy's barbecue comment is hilarious. Bloodthirsty kids. gotta love 'em.

Whirlochre said...

I have heard the 'innie' willy referred to as a 'front bottom'.

McKoala said...

LOL Janey and Written, Princess's friend was a BOY!

Well, Bevie you tell me...fish dying of mysterious illnesses...would you eat them?

Sarah, I wish I could remember all their sayings, they are so funny and yet so honest.

Robin, Princess is on another scooter ban for refusing to share with a friend...no punch ups involved this time, though, but some just fabulous pouting.

Ah, Whirl, I think 'front bottom' and 'back bottom' are a couple of fabulously vague UK phrases that nicely sum up the even more fabulously vague 'down there'.